Monday, February 25, 2008

When one's choices come back to kick from behind

Okay, for as long as I can remember I have given into doing what I can to help my family and in a sense my community even knowing doing so would enlarge my personal challenges. What can I say I am a sucker for the seemingly lamentful. Knowing this would be my last semester before my internship year I was beginning to be hopeful and optimistic - and relieved! Oh SO relieved! I must have looked too comfortable! Fastforward about a few months and you see me as I sit now: oh so worried that I may not be able to save my grades...I want to cry. I want to blame someone, but I know I cannot because I made the choices knowing full well that I would possibly not catch up with my classes. I am sad that I can't seem to find time to do assignments with a month old baby and two teenagers with terrible colds. I can at least say for certain that I do not have to worry about the store now that the manager is back along with the seasoned workers. Times like these I question what my "destiny" really is... I think for the most part it is my inner self crying for my grades because I tend to really need that satisfaction that I did a good job in what I accept to complete. It is just that when asked to see to the store while the manager brought her two boys for surgery I feel as though I sacrificed my grades in exchange. Sure the community had an open store from the 6th to the 19th, sure I am not going to complain that I got paid for it, sure there was no one else who was qualified...so why do I feel short-changed? Can someone in my situation really be supported enough to just take classes and do homework? If I say NO because I can give examples of calls to fix grampa's medication and sneaky remarks of someone else cleaning up his house instead of me - "while you were --??" and once or twice an uncle (kinda nutty one but...) mentioning about how long I have not been seen at church to sing in how long ---? Ohh the pressure...dismay...Where is that damn Calgon anyway???

No comments: