Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I am never taking my amenities for granted again!

I never knew how much I took modern conveniences for granted until I moved here. Waking up and jumping in the shower - even turning on the faucet for a drink of water sounds like some lost treasure for me today. It didn't a year ago - or even a month ago! Funny how something I thought so little of is now thought of as golden treasure! I admire the dedication it takes for the teachers who come from places that have modern conveniences and enter a place that do not...yet they endure so they teach. The teachers here make the best things. I admire their positive attitude and smile at their antics. A Christmas party the day I arrived at the end of September - "because we can!" A pair of youthful teachers draping another teacher's house at Halloween - "Its our tradition!"I am so glad I met them!

No comments: