Monday, June 30, 2008

Didn't make it to Fairbanks for a class needed for internship...

Well I don't know if it is prophetic, pragmatic, or just pathetic but there were a lot of things that detained me from reaching Fairbanks for a retake of ED 410. For one thing, Hagelands - FRONTIER ALASKA I should say did not have me listed to Bethel. Then I did not have a ticket for Bethel to Anchorage to get to the Anchorage to Fairbanks part of my trip. It was probably a good thing because I had a bad case of the flu Saturday and Sunday. So right now I am wondering what is next...

If I listen to Karma all signs are saying that for now it was just not meant to be. If I be practical, looking at my personal situations family-wise I would say I need to be here for my family for a while and help them out with fishing and preparing for my daughter's wedding (Charitina, on August 31st). Also my grandfather will be turning 90 on the 4th of July and people are expecting a big celebration - I was so bummed that I would miss it. Financially I need to get some work to help with the bills. I usually work at the store every summer since I used to work at the store as a manager starting in 1996. My grandchild got medivac'd on Thursday evening but is doing much better after spending the past two days admitted at the hospital. I have been trying to help my grandmother with her fish harvesting whenever the fishing opens. Its been kinda tough since Nicholas has asthma and cannot stay at camp. I love cutting fish, being at the camp - just hate the smell on us once we get home :)). My mother told me that there is talk of a lot of berries on the Kuskokwim area. Oh what I would do to go on a berry picking camping trip with my family!!!

Oh well - we will see what those who arranged the travel say tomorrow, but I don't know what I am going to do. I feel like everything is bumping into me saying "Hold it!!! Slow down!! Be watchful! Get ready for something - be with your family right now!!!" I just hope it is nothing prophetic because my grandparents have not been feeling very well lately... It is in God's hands where I go from here. If I am meant to be in Fairbanks I will make it up, if not - I must be needed more at home.

No comments: