Monday, August 6, 2007

Big HELLO from Rural Alaska

Hi My name is Nastasia from Alaska! My tiny spot of the world is Russian Mission, a village of about 300 people on the banks of the lower end of the mighty Yukon River. I am an Alaskan Native, Central Yup'ik. Sadly I myself do not speak the language. This blog is a test, it is only a test...in the event that this was an authentic blog entry ... just playin. In my other blogs I will have a little more information pertaining to who I am and why I chose teaching in Rural Alaska, and some of my struggles of obtaining my degree. Until then...Best wishes to you all and if you have tips on my comments, opinions...I want YOU... to participate and drop a few lines :D

6 comments:

Thersea D. Gibson said...

I am glad I've had the chance to meet you this week.You have some great ideas.

Rural Teacher said...

Thank you, I am glad to meet you too ! Sure wish we had more chatting time last week but yea, your ideas are also really good. What I appreciated the most was your insights on things - you put into words things in straighforward brief to the point ways that were very insightful and interesting. I am glad we get to spend another week with you. Nus

skipvia said...

I love your vision for rural education. We'll have a lot to talk about this week!

noelstrick said...

I love your picture. It is so beautiful. You sound like a such a strong woman! I look forward to getting to know you.

Nelly said...

Hi Nastasia

What is the average number of school children at the local elementary?

Rural Teacher said...

The average number of K-12 is 100.