Saturday, August 11, 2007

Reflections on the Intensive Technology Class Week

Life is all the more exciting when one finds new toys to play with! I was amazed that we learned as much in our intensive technology class as we did in just five days! The movie maker and book maker were my top two new "toys" I can see spending hours upon hours working with. Panraven is such a neat website! I was so wishing I had my pictures at home. I really want the kids to be able to use this website to create their own little books in my classroom once I have a classroom. I doubt they will be as eager to start as I was but I am sure they will be close - and just imagine their enthusiasm when presenting this to their parents and community! I want to make another movie ...heck movie-S-S-S once I get a camera in hand...of the community, my family...the possibilities are endless!!! I feel like a kid with brand spanking new "just-out-of-the-box" toys I never knew I was dreaming of! I enjoyed the powerpoint activities and I am so grateful to learn of the google "plus, minus, quote" thing - that makes searching so much more effective! the blog sites for everyone is a great way to keep in touch. Favorites saver delicious thing is a very useful tool that i am glad to have been introduced to...I am glad to have met everyone during the class and I hope to see you all sometime soon. Its been a great week. The only regret is that I have to wait until Monday to see my family again.

1 comment:

skipvia said...

It's wonderful to read about the sense of empowerment that you have after our class. You have so many talents to share with your future students. What I hope you will also realize is that your students will feel the same sense empowerment that you are feeling when they are able to tell their stories and to be engaged in a variety of new learning tasks. It's an exciting world, and we're all anxious to hear your views on it.