Saturday, August 18, 2007

My first week home

I have been home for a week now and I can't believe how fast time flies!! I know I still need to do school work, yet I have this overwhelming need to feel the wind on my face after our two weeks in class. My girls got some of the housework done, thank goodness...I am so sore from putting away dried fish and going picking but its a good "I did something" kind of soreness. The kind that makes me wish I had my teenage body back - the one that didn't get sore or tired from a little hard work. I got this montra in my head "I WILL do homework, I will ...after I do this first, but I will...I promise." Sad huh? :)) My brothers are going out hunting for moose now and we are trying to harvest some berries now that our fish is packed away. Hope all y'all are having better luck in keeping up with the classwork. Miss talking to you and have a great summer- what is left of it.

1 comment:

darleneulak said...

Hi Nas, I finally got home on the 14th of Aug. I spent four days w/my sis in anc. It was so nice to be back home and feel "real" fresh air. I still want to be out, but I've been trying to get some homework done too. I'm in the process of moving to another house,so I've been "all over". I got to pick a few gallons of salmon berrries and still trying to find some time to go out and pick blackberries. I may be going to kuselvak to moose hunt w/ my husband over the labor day weekend. I hope the weather permits and hope everything works out for us to go. It will be so nice to be out. I know what you mean about homework. Yesterday I began to do homework 9 a.m. but the day was almost over when I realized I hardly accomplished anything. What a bummer! I will eventually get something done soon. I know when we have to we will get done, right? ;) What other classes did you register for? I will be taking ed 420 and chem 103. Did ed330 decide when it's last day to be? Well i hope all is going well with you. Hope to see you sometime soon. Until then, take care.