Thursday, September 20, 2007

Seeking Brightness and Harmony


As I list and relist my priorities and attempt to rejuvinate my motivation I closed my eyes and pictured a clear blue sky with a bright beam of sunlight warming my face... In one of my moments of doubt I realized one of the reasons why I was able to do so much as a teenager was that I was never told that what I was doing was impossible. I knew things were challenging but I looked at each assignment and duty and knew in my heart I could do a good job - a great job with attention to detail and that was all that mattered. During this past week I have allowed a tiny dent to my consentration and had a moment of stalling, a few cases of computer freeze-ups right in the middle of an elluminate live session, a text book delay that the bookstore "lost," but with the things I could control there is progress. I needed to write it somewhere that I will trust Him to continue to guide my general direction of where I am going and concentrate on the little duties I have in front of me. As long as I have that ray of sunshine in my mind to calm my senses I am good for now. One of these days I will get someone to paint my office into a nice mountainous scene with a blue sky... well back to details.

2 comments:

skipvia said...

Beautiful...

I guess the message is "don't worry about those things you can't control."

You made my day with this post.

noelstrick said...

Wow that was beautiful! I want someone to paint my bedroom like that. I wonder if my husband would allow and outdoor mirage in our sleeping area. You write really well! It was nice reading your blog! By the way I haven't received my ANS 420 books yet! But, it is out of my control. What can we do?