Thursday, September 27, 2007

First the relief, then the confusion and anitcipation


Hey there! Amazing I am not posting this blog in the middle of the night as my other posts have been! Progress? Yes! I have finally upgraded my computer at home from an old Gateway (bought about 10 years ago by my brother, who sold it to another brother, who gave it to my father, who lent it to me in 2003 when I started taking classes again while working at the school). Now I have a brand spanking new iMac! All I can say is WOOOOWWEEEEEE I am impressed! My daughters are now frowning at me everytime they are home asking, "When will you be done with your homework?" It is cause for a lot of smiles, laughs (they love the photobooth) and some frowns when they are not on the computer. I think I will do another slideshow to show you guys the funny pictures.

Skip - If you don't mind emailing me on the how-to's of installing windows into here - I need it for my CIOS class. If I had windows in my old computer can I use the installation disk for this? I am so confused with the limitations and extentions of programs. I know I used to have the product code with three - I think - different sets of numbers in it that may have gotten lost when i moved back home. Do I need to buy a new package? I don't know where to start and with my class already past the "lets get this started" stage I don't have much time to set this up without lagging too far behind.

This is my first Mac and since I got this my brother has said "yup, I think I am getting me one too." It takes some getting used to but its not as hard to adjust as I thought. In preparation of my internship year I have also invested in a MacBookPro that just came in today. A big thing getting both at once but I think its worth it.

No comments: