Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thanks for being who you are!

its been a very shocking week for me - not what one expects any time of the year but that is life. Today we buried my mother's first cousin Martha Gregory, who died in an alcohol related death very suddenly. While we were at the burial site we heard that Martha's sister-in-law was very sick and was about to be medivaced in to Bethel for a reason yet unknown to us. Tomorrow we will bury my mother's uncle Nick (Nickoliaq) Askoak, an elder who passed away after suffering a long term sickness. That it is finals week was not a very good addition to these events. Such is life as I know it - full of the unexpected, the expected and the usual obligations of our daily lives. I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the time and effort you put in everything you do. This week has reminded me how important it is to express our gratitude to others while we are able to...

Thank you everyone and Merry Christmas! I am glad I met you all and hope to see you again someday soon.
God Bless you!
Nastasia

1 comment:

Thersea D. Gibson said...

I just want you to know that I think of you often and I am praying for you as you go through all these life changes. I went to find your personal e-mail address on the class list on Blackboard but all my classes were removed. Keep your chin up Nuss.