Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Getting the Jitters

During my interview things still felt a bit surreal, I could kind of see myself in a classroom. Some of the questions had me worrying about my memory capabilities but I blamed it on nerves - that was safer than the alternative in my mind since having a "WHOA THERE -WHAT??" moment right in the middle of answering a question from those who have my not-so-far future plans in their hands would not be good. After the interview things were worrisome with me nit-picking over my answers and what I should have said instead...then the weekend where the assignments were beginning to seem all the more closer to the actual planning within the classroom arena. I got to thinking about all the steps it will take to make sure I am ready for August. That got me knocking off days: Oh its only 29 days until Maxine is due..that gives me until May. It will take about a month to kinda settle into a routine with both babies that takes May, then there is fishing in June...then I made a mistake. I looked back. Hey..its April already. Not only that the first week of April is gone...How the he** did THAT happen??? Oh my GOD I am not going to be ready. I can do it but I will need major help. Okay, help...help...from who...big family. Oh yeah, right - I got a big family...a big family who depends on me to help not the other way around. lol...I think I need to put myself back in denial. Don't look up until after finals! The finals is the finish line for now... brush up for that and I will still be relatively calm by the time the grandbaby comes.

2 comments:

Erica West said...

Hey Nastasia, First, breathe!! Then, don't look at all the huge things that you have to do because that makes a person overwhelmed and panicky (believe me I know!) Set smaller daily goals, baby steps, that can get you to the bigger goals. You'll feel less overwhelmed and have a sense of accomplishment when you get those small things done. GO NAS!!

Rural Teacher said...

Thanks Erica! I realized that but needed an outlet and "reconnection" with others besides my kids. I don't get to go out much so hearing from you guys is always a great experience. Kinda like someone walking down a road alone for a while and suddenly meeting a friend at a bend of the road. Hope to see you soon