Thursday, April 3, 2008

Its Raining! No..Snowing...blowing... agh! Its just yucky out there!

This is one day I am actually happy to be stuck at home! Typical Alaskan early spring weather with the wind going every-which-way-it-can throwing first big globs of snowy clumps onto the window pane then following that with splatters of rain. April 2nd and we still managed to get a good 6 inches of snow overnight. The students are doing the annual standardized tests and I am trying to organize my reading and writing to baby Nicholas' naps and feeding times. I believe by the time he is 4 months along, and if anyone can understand baby babble he would be complaining as much as his older sisters about how long and drawn out my reading assignments are. Since I have overused the "oh you're so handsome!" and "such a big boy!" that even I am tired of hearing myself use those terms, I have resorted to reading aloud my assignments to baby. Wouldn't it be a bummer if he ends up going to Preschool quoting Linguistics, differentiation and reader's workshop methods? Got to go - he woke up again... Here's to a 52 page chapter on Instructional Adaptations!

1 comment:

skipvia said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better we got a dump of wet snow a couple of days ago and now everything is melting and slushy. No wind, though...

Hope all is well with you and your family.