Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nicholas' had tubes put in his ears

On the 6th of May Nicholas and I began our journey into Anchorage to put tubes in his ears. At first I was worried about his age and, to be honest a whole lot of other "what if"s. The third attempt at traveling was the charm, so to speak. The first try was stopped by Mt. Redoubt. The second by a high fever and ear infection. The weather was nice and warm down there, warmer than Russian Mission.

Nicholas was a big hit with the people there. Everyone was amazed that he was only 15 months because he looks to be at least a year older. We seen people I have not seen in a long long time which was nice. The last night there we watched a native dance group in the main lobby. I tried taking him for a walk around the hospital to "wear him out" for his nap and ended up the one worn out.

By the third night I was feeling a bit lonesome for my family and so was Nicholas by the uninterested manner in which he approached our activities. It was good to come home but the travel took its toll on my energy level. At home earlier today my cousin Irene and niece Tanya and six other seniors had their graduation ceremony. Tonight the prom. lol I ended up babysitting but it is one thing I hope never to tire from, kids are kids for such a short time.

No comments: