Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wolves!!

Ohh My GOODNESS! That was all I could say when we got a phone call from my niece that there was an announcement on Sunday night that the people who were "eeling" downriver heard wolves nearby. I was nervous, the men were excited and the kids were both nervous and excited...what a mixture! We are all on the watch for wolves around from all sides. The Grant Air pilot saw some coming up from the trail to Marshall last weekend, some trappers seen some tracks up around Tuckers Slough, and it is common for a lot to be around the tundra flats area between here and Kalskag. My brother was one of the few who went back down to listen to where they were and his descriptions sent chills up my spine. All I can say is I am glad for the excuse not to have my girls staying out after dark. The news does not stop those that happily go ice fishing and setting fish nets under the ice. My brother got a few fresh fish that I hope to have. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy this fresh falling snow!!

No comments: